Monday, April 23, 2012

Woa! Look What It Can Do!

Deja got a really sweet Deere tractor from Santa four months ago....and for the past four months, it has sat perfectly still in its special little inside our house. Chase and I decided to NOT hook up the battery...so as to keep our new walls in the house looking new. Well....we decided this last weekend to juice up the battery and show Dej what her vrooom vrooom can really do! Let's just say she was ecstatic! ....after getting over how her dad got it out of the house. -We had it upstairs in our living room, so Chase parked the skidster by our back deck and lifted the bucket as high as it would go. He then took Deja's truck and lifted it over the deck railing and into the bucket. She about died....she was so upset that her dad was taking her vroom vroom!
Once we got it safely on the ground out back she hopped in it and Chase showed her where the pedal was!! It was awesome! It was also a little disappointing tho....our backyard is pretty rocky and uneven, so the truck had a hard time getting traction....
So Chase had to stay close to give Dej a little push every few inches...
I had a hard time getting Deja's attention for a smiley picture...she was too into what she was doing!
She finally got a good little stretch....and I was surprised that she didn't completely gun it (it's probably a good thing for us that it doesn't reach too high a speed)
When Dej would get stuck, she would rock back and forth instead of pushing the pedal (I think this is largely because that was the only way she could get it to move while it was in the house!)
She had a fun little ride....but after the excitement of the whole thing began to wear off....and after not being able to get the truck to go very fast, Dej decided to bail....
....she grabbed her dad's hand and said, "Lets go ride the tractor!" (if I failed to mention before...she refers to the skidster as a tractor) I guess the 'real' toys are a little funner than the actual toys!

0 comments: