Tuesday, April 24, 2012

FIVE Years!

I sure love this guy. So does his little girl...in fact, she could barely go to bed tonight-she's so excited for him to get home tomorrow! I have a sneaky suspicion his little boy is going to love him just as much...he already just stares at his dad when he's home. This year to celebrate our big five year mark Chase surprised me by arranging a babysitter for Both the kids (yes both...I about died, but it was great...he picked the exact person I would have picked to watch them both) and then he took me downtown. We parked and started walking down the sidewalk....I again about died when he turned to go into the Melting Pot! When we were first married I always wanted to go there and Chase said he would never waste the money on something like that! He had a table reserved for us...when we got to it there was a card waiting for us wishing us a happy anniversary. (Chase told me they tried to sale him on some overpriced flowers...but he knows me well and turned them down- flowers are stupid and such a waste of money!!) We decided to go big and got the cheese fondue, a huge platter of all sorts of meats -steak, shrimp, chicken, fish... and then, of course, chocolate peanut butter fondue for dessert! We both agreed it was fun and good....but probably a one time thing, at least for the whole shebang. It took Forever to eat it all (like two and a half hours...and we were trying to hurry so we could get back to the kids -instead of cooking each piece of meat one at a time on our little sticks, we just threw everything into the hot oil at once to try to speed things up!) But we could probably go back for the cheese or dessert! I haven't ate that much in a Long time....I was sick all night I was so full!! This is a little plate they brought out to us...complete with a lite candle -cheesy, but it was cute! (I should have taken a picture of the two of us....but I didn't!) We talked during dinner and the last five years have been kinda crazy, I still can't believe we already have two kids! But here are our 'stats' we came up with, in five years we've had two kids- one dog- two bunnies, moved five times- living in three different states, bought two houses (anyone want to buy one in colorado?!), and have had 10 different cars...if you count my subaru I had when we were engaged. Haha, most of those just make me laugh. It's been a crazy, busy five years and honestly, I really have enjoyed them all. I look back at who I was before Chase and who I have become with him and I'm pretty glad I have him in my life. I couldn't image it any other way. I truly do love you babe! (and that's enough sappy to last another five years!)

0 comments: