Monday, January 16, 2012

The Night -and Day- Before Christmas!!

Deja was our little present the day before the day before Christmas! :) She wore her pretty, sparkly red skirt and we put curly green ribbon in her hair. She was so excited to help mom finish up last minute Christmas shopping, pack, and then get to Gramma Jacki and Papa Orllo's house!
We were able to spend Christmas Eve with both sides of our family....gotta love being close together! Deja had fun opening her present on the grandkid gift exchange.... she kept trying to put the big red bow on her head until she saw what it was covering.... she got a little puppy that barks and even has a bottle. Needless to say, she loved it!!
Later that night, we were spoiled by Aunt Jess's amazing baking (seriously....I miss not living next door to her....she can bake and cook like nothing else!) and got to decorate cookies for Santa. Dej had fun taste testing her cookie....I'll admit, I joined in with her! :)
It was also fun to try and explain what all the hype and craziness really is about.... I think Deja kinda got what I was telling her about Baby Jesus. She at least repeated what I was saying to humor me..... :)

0 comments: