Deja had her two year check up today.... she got her last dose of shots until her kindergarten ones and did pretty good... she teared up for a second, but the cool zebra band aid the nurse gave her helped them stop. She is a whoppin' 28 pounds....which is exactly what I guessed she would be, haha....pretty good, right?! It was pretty weird scheduling her next appointment for a year from now.... another sign that she isn't a little baby anymore! :)
It's hit me pretty hard today...for some unknown reason...that this is really our last month together as just us... Me and Dej. Then, it will never ever be the same...which is totally ok- the change is a welcomed one and going to be very exciting....but it's still going to be different. I have LOVED all the one on one time that we get to share and I'll have to admit that I am a little sad to give that up...and then, a little sad that I won't be able to have that with any other kid. But then, of course, how fun is it going to be to watch Dej be a big sister and watch her interact with her little brother....and as little brother grows- him watching and following Dej?! It'll be a good change :) Regardless....I am just soaking up this time together and enjoying every single piece of my little spit fire.... I sure love her!!
I looked up from where I was sitting on the couch today to see Dej across the living room, reading to her baby. Hehee...so cute! She really is going to be a good big sister!
Another funny from today..... after her Dr. appointment, I put Dej in her crib for a nap. Then, I put on my paint clothes and headed upstairs to paint some (I am currently in the process of painting our entire upstairs....I'm a few days in and quite a few days from finishing!) When I turned the monitor on Dej was talking and singing to herself. After a while she started hollering 'mommy' to me, and then tried 'I need to poop in the potty'. Our water was shut off while Chase was working on the plumbing upstairs....so I didn't have any way of washing the paint off my hands....so I decided to wait a few minutes to see if Dej would fall asleep. She did and I didn't think anything of it. When she woke up Papa Orllo (who's here helping us with the house) went down to get her. I followed behind him and we were both shocked at what we found. Dej was sitting with her blanket around her shoulders, sockies on her feet and then butt naked!! I was totally taken off guard! If she hadn't been so upset, I would have taken a picture....but she wasn't all awake and was acting pretty sad. Before she fell asleep, she stripped down and threw everything out of her crib onto the floor. Luckily, she didn't wet the bed while she slept and she got her blanket up over her so she didn't freeze!! ....silly little toot!
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment