When I was younger-ish I use to think that Christmas wouldn't be as fun as I became an 'adult'. It just seemed like Santa really focused on the kids and I didn't want to be forgotten! :) Well, let me tell ya, I was wrong! It is even BETTER the older you get! I couldn't sleep worth anything Christmas Eve...partly because of killer heartburn that got worse every time I layed down, but mostly because I was so stinkin' excited for Deja!!

The picture says it all....only her dad and I were wrong on what she was so excited about....

...she completely bypassed the gater to grab her new baby!!
It was awesome! Totally unexpected!!

...But then it didn't take long for her to see her 'BIG brooom brooom!!' She was yelling for her cousin Kate to come and ride with her.

Haha....Deja was so funny, she would take all of her presents and run to open them with Gramma Jacki. I kept trying to get her to stop by me and open a few, but she was pretty persistent to do it with Gramma instead!

Santa didn't forget Teva...she got a nice big candy cane shaped bone that kept her occupied for most of the day :)

For the week leading up to Christmas, anytime you'd ask Dej what she wanted she'd rattle off a little list... it usually included 'TWO Stinkies' and always an apple! She was pretty happy to find a few apples in her stocking!


I LOVE being together with everyone on Christmas morning....it was so fun to have so many excited kids running around!!

Little did they now what that thing can do. Deja is still just content to sit and play on it....so we haven't even shown her how to turn it on and make it move!! ...we're saving that for a later day, maybe when it's a little warmer outside where she can't run into as many things!! :)

I was super excited for the John Deere Christmas flannel I found this summer.... I solicited my mom's help in making us all matching jammies!
After going to church in Declo.....which was Awesome! I LOVED having Christmas on Sunday. It was so nice to be able to go and focus on the real meaning of Christmas for a while. The meeting was Amazing .....and I loved being able to sing so many Christmas songs. Definitely looking forward to it again in six or seven years!! .....we went to Pocatello to spend the afternoon with my family.

Deja was super excited to be able to open even more presents....she even applauded a few that she got!

Courtney's little stinky was dressed in her little Santa suit, which Deja loved.

Dej got hooked up with her own diaperbag/ backpack (or pack-cack, as she calls it) and stroller, high chair, play pen, and swing for her new baby. -Hopefully this will all be very useful for when baby brother arrives!

She also got her own 'touch' phone.

....And a new sled for if it will ever decide to snow!! She had a blast getting pulled around the house in it tho! What a Very Merry Christmas....here's to a great New Year!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment