Last week we got to go to Mexico City with Chase's parents for his graduation present. What an awesome present....I was so happy I got in on it too! What a crazy place Mexico City is! I have never really experienced life outside our country...or my comfort zone. It was so neat to see another side of Chase and to get a little taste of what he expierenced for two years....literally, I must have got some bug because my stomach and GI tract have been messed up (just like his was)! It was also so neat to be able to meet some of the people that he taught and befriended. Here's a quick run down of our time in Mexico:
- FRIDAY (23rd) was our travel day down there and first night adjusting!
- SATURDAY (24th) was our shopping and downtown day! Jacki & I had so much fun going to all the stands & shops. My favorite was the jewerly store when the lady brought out three cases FULL of silver rings...oh! I was in heaven! Then we went to the 'square' downtown and saw the different buildings there.
- SUNDAY (25th) we went to the temple and visitor's center and then to our first Spanish Ward Conference! We got to meet some members that Chase knew and then went to one guy's house (I can't remember his name....) He was so excited to see Chase, they had a lot of fun together...and he had a lot of fun showing us around where he lived! Then, we went to Miguel & Dulce's house where we had a great afternoon cooking, eating, and making flowers!
- MONDAY (26th) we went out to the pyramids. They were way cool. I can't believe how big and how many there were!
- TUESDAY (27th) we went to Mexico's 'Central Park'. It was way cool.... a free zoo that was awesome! A castle. And a few lakes with paddle boats. Then we went back out to Dulce's house and Chase baptized their little girl, Fernanda, who just turned 8. It was so neat to be able to be there for that.
- WEDNESDAY (28th) we took a 3 hour bus ride to Valle de Bravo, where one of Chase's friends, Erica, lives. It was such a neat change from the busy city. It was a very cute, smaller town with beautiful waterfalls and a huge lake.
- THURSDAY (29th) we meet a cool guy by the mexican statue of liberty that took us for a tour to a silver store and then to a canal system where we got to ride in a boat pushed along by a guy with a huge stick! It was alot of fun!
- FRIDAY (30th) we ran back downtown to make our final purchases before we had to pack up and head back to the airport for our trip back home.
I really could go on and on...but I want to make this somewhat 'brief', so I'll just have to tell you all about it the next time I see you!!
Thanks so much Orllo & Jacki, we had so much fun....we love you!!




4 comments:
Sounds and looks like you guys had a good time in Mexico. I'm glad that your first experience outside of the USA was a positive one. I hope Chase wasn't looking for jobs down there, we want you two to stick around for a while.
Holy I'm jealous! Sounds like you were busy. I'm glad you had fun.
I love the pictures! It looks like you guys had fun- despite the GI problems. I can't wait to talk to you- when are you guys going home next?
jess
Hey you guys! Kaci helped me find your blog. Love that sister of yours. I'm WAY jealous of the Mexico trip. It's fun to catch up on what you've been doing since you got married and moved away.
Post a Comment