This is what I said to Chase this weekend....so he packed up the car and got us all ready to go. We drove down to Swan Falls and found an empty, sandy spot right along the river. We excitedly got out our poles and started fishing....after about half an hour or so I was tired of all my fish 'bites' being moss.
So I gave up and got out a chair to put in the water.... I was just going to tan and watch Chase try to get something other than moss. BUT after about a half hour of that, I started to rethink the whole 'camping' thing. It was way way too hot...and I could already smell our stink from the sun and river, not to mention everywhere was a really fine sand.....that was going to get into everything. So I sat there wondering how I could talk Chase into going home without looking like I was trying to back out of my wonderful idea to camp....lucky for me I had a few hours of sitting to think this over before he gave up fishing too (he was only catching little fishies that wouldn't feed us for dinner).
When he got back to me, we got into the water (only about knee deep) to try and cool off from the sun.....then we set up our chairs in the little spot of shade we had from the car and looked at our watches.....we still had quite a while before the sun would go down and take with it some of the aweful heat. So, with no great way of saying it, asked Chase if he was ready to go home. He was kinda thinking the same thing as me, and since I was the first one to say it I guess it made it ok. We decided we'd hurry and build a fire (even tho it was still high 90's) and cook our hotdogs and marshmallows we brought for dinner. Then we got our chairs and fishing poles back in the car and made it home in time for a movie. It turned out to be a pretty fun afternoon anyhow..... Maybe our next attemp at camping will result in an over-nighter!!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Let's Go Camping!
Posted by Dani at 9:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Too funny- at least you were both in agreement. I can totally picture you two out there cooking in the sun wondering how you could get the other to bag the whole idea!
Dani,
You make me laugh! Good for you for just saying you wanted to go home instead of sitting there melting in the sun. I love reading your blog and your music rocks!
This is so something Shaun and I would do... except neither of us would give in. We'd both just sit there and complain and then NEVER go "camping" again. At least you two are adventerous enough to go again! At least you had fun though!
Dani I love it! Even though you didn't end up spending the night you still made an awesome memory to share with your kids some day! Just being together just makes everything worth it!
Post a Comment