Wednesday, May 25, 2011

On The Road Again.....For The Last Time!

I Really Really wanted to get a good picture of our huge caravan that we had driving out from Colorado....but it was so long, we never had the two vehicles back to back unless we were actually driving. So just try to picture the two together....we were quite the sight, I'm sure!
Chase drove this big bad boy.....it was the biggest U-haul we could get (I think it was like 30 feet or something....) and then he had the Beastie Wagon behind him. He also go to have Teva in the shot gun with him. She did great, and help keep him company. :)And Dej and I were in our truck, pulling our little trailer. I've Never pulled a trailer before and was very nervous.....in fact, I won't lie, I cried as we pulled away from Greeley....partly out of fear for the drive ahead and the other part just sad to leave our cute house and all our good friends. Dej was freakin AWEsome throughout the whole thing!!! We drove to Evanston and stayed the night and then finished the rest of the drive to Boise the next day. Out of the total 14+ hours, Deja only cried for ONE of them! Which was great, considering it was just her and me in our truck! I will also have to admit I spent some time towards the end of the trip shedding even more tears...this time they were happy tears. I couldn't (and still haven't) believe that we are actually back in Idaho, close to family, and HOME!!

1 comments:

Candie said...

Yeah for new adventures! I'm so glad you get to be "home" now. Kudos to you for pulling the trailer - I would have cried too! Reading this brought back memories of when we left our house in Greeley (and you were there just a couple hours before we left!). Bitter sweet. But life is good! So glad you had an "uneventful" trip.