Monday, September 21, 2009

Being "Prego"

So, anytime I think about blogging, I always use the excuse that I need to have some pictures to post. But I need to stop using excuses to make myself feel better about not doing anything! I got to thinking that this pregnancy thing is more than half over and I've never sat down and written anything about it! So, enter blog, I'm going to try and be better about recording things down on here.
Here we go- I have Three 'Complaints' -for lack of a better word. (I don't think I can really complain too much about being pregnant. I've heard alot of terrible stories of what some moms have gone through, and really I don't have anything 'terrible' to record, but here I go anyways.)
  • At first I just felt gross ALL the time...in the morning, in the afternoon, and all night. It wasn't anything that I couldn't live with though-just kind of nauseous all the time. There were some days I wanted to throw up just to feel a little bit better--but those days didn't last too long and by the end of the third month I was feeling tons better! (and just for the record, I have thrown up, but I can easily count the Three times on one hand-so we're good there)
  • I have also felt a huge drop in my energy and motivation. I've usually been the person that can't hold still for too long-I like to keep busy and always be doing Something....but for the last few months I have felt like doing Nothing! It is kind of a weird feeling and I really don't like it, but I have given in WAY too many times and have had many days of just doing 'nothing'. (I know-I need to just enjoy those days because that's never going to happen again...but I hate feeling unproductive!) Take today for instance, it is almost three o'clock...I am still in my pajamas and have moved from the bed to the couch to the table- wow! I know you're probably thinking I must be worn out...and I am!! I hate feeling winded at the top of the stairs after making one trip up them!! Oh well, thanks to my all-knowing sister in law (she's always good at making me feel better about anything) She reminded me that I'm making a baby and it's a lot of work! so I need to quit being so frustrated about my loss of energy.
  • The only other thing that I've noticed is the terrible indigestion -or heartburn -or whatever it is! It stinks and I don't like it! But once again, it's something that I can live with for a while, it comes and goes and is usually only around in the evenings so it's defiantly manageable!
My list of things that I enjoy is much longer-
  • It is really nice to not have to worry about looking 'slim' -especially through the stomach! It's nice to be able to put something on and have it be cute because my stomach's poking out!
  • I know it is a terrible excuse, but I use it anyways, and that is to be able to eat that 'donut' or bowl of icecream and not feel guilty about it!
  • It is super awesome to feel the little gal move...I love love it! And I love that Chase can now feel her every once and a while too!
  • I love getting ready for the little lady...we've been slowly putting together a little room for her, getting some cute little outfits, carseat, crib, changing table --we even got a new car that has four doors to make life a little easier.
  • It's crazy, awesome, so-real to be constantly thinking about someone else-other than the two of us- all of our plans, ideas, projects now include the little gal and it just blows my mind how easy it is to love her already!
  • It scares me to death, but also makes me very excited to be a mom- I can't wait to have her here and be able to cuddle and love her.
Hmmm....I guess that list wasn't super long. And I know there are alot more things that I love, just none come to mind right now. I'll just leave it at that---at least I've got Something written down about the past few months! :)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Ah, the joys of being pregnant. It is seriously hard, no doubt about it. I totally miss it though, but having your baby in your arms is so much better. You are going to be a great mommy! I can't wait so hear more about it. I love the updates!

aironn said...

Your list brings back all the memories of being pregnant with Tom. It just makes me smile. Enjoy it and don't feel bad about the unproductive days because all too soon that won't be an option!

The Kidds said...

I'm glad you can find some good in your pregnancy. I hate pregnant. I could have 20 kids if I didn't have to be pregnant. Hang in there though. My mom used to tell me- it HAS to end sometime. You will not go on and on forever being pregnant. There will be an end.