Monday, February 25, 2013

Pretty Earrings!!

I was going to make Dej wait until she turned 8, like I had to, to get her ears pierced.  But...a month or so ago, while we were at the mall, Chase asked her if she wanted to go pierce her ears.  At that point in time, she said no.... but lately, she's been really into what earrings I am wearing.  We already had a trip planned to the mall....I was going to take Dej to get Krew a birthday present.  She hadn't been introduced to the amazing store called Build-a-Bear yet...and I knew she'd get a kick out of it.  So....the plan was to go and she would pick out and make Krew a special animal for his birthday....that way he wouldn't have to keep stealing hers to cuddle with!  Anyways, I asked her if she wanted to get her ears pierced while we were there.... she was soooo excited!!!
We went and built the bear (or monkey, in Krew's case).....and then headed over to the Icing store.  She was still so so excited.  She picked out some super cute pink flowers, sat up in the chair, let them make the marks for the holes -all the while grinning from ear to ear.  Then- I wished I would have taped it for Chase- they got a girl on each side and started counting to three.  I sat in front of Dej to hold her hands.... she went from joy and excitement to pure terror, with her eyes about popping out of her head, when they got the 'guns' in place.  They clicked them in and Deja started howling.  She screamed and cried and started yelling at me to "Take them out! Take them out!"  I kinda felt bad...I didn't want to be the mom torchering her little baby by putting holes in her ears, which is why I waited and didn't do it when she was a baby baby!
I then attempted to clean and twist the bad boys...she continued to cry and scream -refusing any candy or sucker that was offered to her- and yelling "Get me out of here!" over and over.  I had Deja's babysitter, Savanna, come with us to help with Krew.... she asked to girl if she gets this (meaning the crying and screaming) alot, and the girl said not really...most kids just cry for a second.  I finally got toot calmed down, we went and got an ice cream cone....and now she thinks they are pretty cool!
She loves to show them to anyone that will look and listen to her! :)

0 comments: