Monday, February 25, 2013

California...Love

Well....kinda, but not as in Love for California, more like I got to go to California to see my Love!!
Most Valentine Days are spent like all the others...apart from Chase, but not this year!  I got to spend the day with my babies and by 11:00 that night, I was able to spend the last hour with my man!
Chase's parents were brave enough and sweet enough to come stay with my kiddos so I could go spend the weekend with Chase.  I got to see where the World's Largest Ag Show is help....visit some Deere dealerships, see lots of Orange Trees...even get some fresh oranges from a roadside stand....
...visit the Sun Maid world headquarters....and, of course, eat some chocolate dipped raisins....
....see miles and miles and miles of fruit trees....
(from the interstate that is sometimes all you see...it's kind of neat, all the perfectly straight rows of trees)
....got to cross over several bridges at about 20 bucks a pot! ...

...see San Fransisco...

....walk Fisherman's Warf...
....seeing several Piers...
...lots of skyscrapers, and steep zigzag roads...
....probably, one of my favorites...the mass of sea lions, putting on quite the show...
...lots of sea side attractions...
...the famous Alcatraz...
...pretty views...
...best companion and tour guide...
...china town...
...even a mini dragon parade...
...lots of sea food, dead and alive...
...house boats, sail boats, boats, and more boats...
(gotta go back for more sea lions!)

...the Golden Gate Bridge...
(anyone remember Full House?!)
...switching cameras with other tourists...
...beaches (kinda)...
...one more look at the Golden Gate...

...and saw this awesome pelican that just seemed to be posing for us...





it was a nice little weekend get away!

0 comments: