Trespassers beware: we go for blood at our house!!
Yes, that is a real (kinda) alive freakin' snake!! Chase caught a glimpse of it Sunday night as it slithered under our front concrete steps. Since then, I have been keeping a watchful eye out for the nasty thing. Well...come Tuesday, as I took the garbage out, I noticed the tail end slither into a twig pile we had by our door. Yuck! Teva noticed it too and 'bravely' barked and barked at it. Deja was totally into it and wanted to see the snake, so we stood outside with Teva, hoping it would coming out of the twigs enough for Dej to get a glimpse. Teva was hilarious! She was just as jumpy as I was...Deja caught on to this and started teasing her... Dej would make a 'psst' noise and Teva would jump. I think they did that 10 times in a row...I was so stinkin funny!
Anyways....long story short, VERY lucky for me, we were having new windows installed and the window guys took interest in our little snake venture. They came over and grabbed the shovel from me....one stepped on the little (LONG) squiggly thing while the other chopped at it's head. Hahahaha...It was such a great feeling to kill that thing that had been making me jumpy for the past two days! Deja got a kick out of it too....especially when it kept opening it's mouth after we chopped it's head. All I can say is that I hope this is the First AND LAST visitor we get!!




2 comments:
Ewww Ewww ewwww!!!! I would have been freaked out.
Ew. Though I kind of giggled when I read this... it reminded me of your mouse stories from Colorado! No snake chasing cats this time??
Post a Comment