
A few weeks ago, dad and I went biking up and around the nordic ski area. He was doing a controlled burn and wanted to check it out, so we biked around the smoldering lines to check them out. This was the first time I've ever been right up next to stuff dad does. It was pretty neat, and I was asking all sorts of questions. Dad said the next day they'd have the helicopter in there to drop flames and do the burning they need to.
I was so excited, since it was close to home.... so the next day my mom, Brody, and I all went up to watch them start the fire. It really was pretty cool being able to see the helicopter drop the flames and start different spots on fire. As we were driving up to the look out spot dad was at, Brody saw some of the first flames and said "I Like Fire!" ...definately something dad would say, I remember growing up and always saying "mmm...smells like money!" whenever we'd smell smoke.

While we were there, Brody got to see how totally awesome his dad's job is. He was SOO excited to get out of the car and see dad on a 4-wheeler! Since dad was busy working, Brody just got to sit on it for a minute... and then a quick (10 foot) ride to the car. He was in heaven!
I tend to also take joy in the 'little' things going on...so it's fun to be able to be around Brody and have him as an excuss to get all excited over things like helicopters and flames!
3 comments:
That is one of the very best things about kids- how excited they get over little things. When it was just Shaun and I- I always wanted to rent a kid for a few days around the holidays just for that reason. Anyway- thanks for all your super-nice posts on my blog. It's always nice to have someone on the outside appreciate what you do... so THANKS!! Are we going to see you at all over Thanksgiving? Does your family come to Declo?
I like fire too! It was fun seeing you guys up at the burn. Usually I am just lugging my boys around and getting strange looks from people when we stop to watch the tanker or the fire start or the helicopter for hours on end. Your dad and Gary definitely have the coolest jobs in the neighborhood - especially if you are a little boy!
I love it when you keep us up on all the fun things you're doing with your family. It's great you can be with them during the holiday season. definately the holidays are for kids.adults are NO fun,boring!! it's the hilite for me to read my families blogs, it's almost like being there, so keep us up on all the fun. can't wait to see you at thanksgiving time. take care, luv jacki
Post a Comment